Sunday, October 17, 2010

just when we think it's almost over

It is odd, I think, how many conversations in my life feel half-finished; how many moments feel half-undone; how many relationships feel half-begun; how many places feel only half-explored.

Until recently, I had some kind of terror about these feelings.  I still do, to some extent, but it's become better.

Do these feelings of unfinished-ness signal that God will someday allow me restart the conversations, complete the moments, deepen the relationships, revisit the places?  I don't know.  But I am learning, I think, little by little, to leave the half-finished moments in God's hands and trust Him-- either that He will finish them (in His time) or that, contrary to my feelings, these moments actually are finished.

And there is great peace in believing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment