Thursday, January 26, 2012

the color of God's eyes

And there will always come the moments
     of dreadful introspection,
                of fear,
           of sure despair.

But sure as the morning,
         definite as the seasons,
    positive as the rain,
 Your love falls,
       cleanses away the comparisons,
     caresses away the weeping,
               cradles the brokenhearted cries.

So when the moments of darkness come,
      I will tip my face to the light,
    and I will clench my hands and refuse to loosen my grip,
 and I will be persistent as the women You marveled at.

And just maybe, as I petition and hound and refuse to give You peace,
                        You'll answer,
             break through the clouds and loose Your vengeance on my enemies.

Or maybe, just maybe, the heavens will remain closed,
       my tears will remain thick and hot on my face,
   and Your voice will remain unheard.

But I know You are there.
    I have tasted, and I cannot be deceived again.

Oh, give me the strength to cling to Your silence
      as stubbornly as I do to Your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment