Thursday, February 28, 2008

snow day


Klick-klack-klick.
            I give up on the bright screen and tapping keys and get up and shut off the lights.
                        Click.
As I open my blinds, I catch sigh of snow falling, visible in the lights of the parking lot.
            Ohhh.
                        For a moment, I watch, and dream—of easier days, of happier times, of the future, of the immediate possibility of a snow day.
But no.
            It’s not a heavy enough snow.
But still . . . I hope and wish and pray that at least we will have a delay and I will not have to sit through my most-dreaded class and think, “I could be studying or finishing a paper right now.”
                        It snows.
                                    I sleep.
                                                And maybe, tomorrow, I’ll wake up . . .
                                                                                                                happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment